Concerned about lesions or unusual gum tissue irregularities?
Our skilled periodontist may recommend a gum biopsy as part of the diagnostic process. This procedure is performed to pinpoint the root cause of any abnormal gum tissue. Depending on the biopsy results, we may advise oral surgery.
Are you feeling uneasy about gum sores or the appearance of your gum tissue? Learn how an oral biopsy in Arvada can provide you with precise diagnostic insights, offering both health reassurance and peace of mind.
Reach out to us today at (720) 798-1200 to start your journey towards improved oral health.
What is an oral biopsy?
Some of their benefits are:
- Diagnose various oral conditions, including oral cancer, oral lesions, precancerous lesions, and other abnormalities.
- Help in determining the appropriate treatment plan for oral diseases.
- Help differentiate between various types of oral lesions, which is crucial for making an accurate diagnosis and determining the most suitable treatment.
- For patients undergoing treatment for oral conditions, biopsies can be used to monitor the effectiveness of the treatment and adjust it as necessary.
An oral biopsy may be considered if you’re experiencing persistent oral health symptoms like:
- Unusual lumps
- Discolored patches
Your medical history and professional evaluation by our specialists will determine if a biopsy is needed. Seeking an accurate diagnosis and peace of mind are also valid reasons for considering an oral biopsy. If you have concerns, consult with us at (720) 798-1200 for personalized guidance.
Am I a candidate for an oral biopsy?
Oral Biopsies at AVOS Dental Specialists
Our focus is on ensuring your comfort throughout the process. Here’s what you can anticipate during the oral biopsy procedure:
- You’ll receive an antibacterial rinse to cleanse your mouth thoroughly.
- To ensure your comfort, our periodontist will apply a numbing gel before administering local anesthesia.
- A small section of gum tissue will be carefully extracted and sent to a local lab for pathological examination.
- Depending on the case, stitches may be required to promote proper healing.
Our satisfied patients speak for themselves
I had a dental implant here recently and had a great experience! Dr. Haupt was professional, personable, and had excellent communication skills. The rest of the team at AVOS were also very friendly and pleasant to work with.
Patient Comfort and Experience
We use technology (in-house 3d printers, 3d x-rays, CBCT scans) to maximize comfort.
Amenities for your comfort
We offer coconut water, sparkling waters, fresh ground coffee to your liking, wifi, and comfortable seating.
Years of experience
Your companion will enjoy their visit too!
Personable & kind staff
We are passionate about caring for you.