When a root canal isn’t enough to save your tooth…
An apicoectomy, also known as endodontic surgery, could be the most suitable solution.
Our Arvada apicoectomy surgery might be suggested in the following situations:
- In cases where you’ve experienced an unsuccessful root canal procedure.
- When the canals within your tooth are curved or obstructed, endodontic retreatment from the top of the tooth is impossible.
- If your endodontist needs to address damage to the root surfaces or inspect for fractures on the external root surface.
- When there’s a fractured root that must be extracted from the tooth.
At AVOS Dental Specialists, our endodontist is here to guide you through the process and make it comfortable and successful. Contact us today at (720) 798-1200 to take the first step toward better oral health!
What is an apicoectomy?
The primary objective of this treatment is to address any lingering inflammation or infection at the root’s tip following a previously conducted root canal procedure. An apicoectomy can fulfill various purposes, including:
- Identifying small fractures on the external part of the root.
- Managing canals that couldn’t be treated from the tooth’s top.
- Eliminating the root’s tip where persistent bacteria are residing.
- Treating damaged root surfaces or the adjacent bone.
- Facilitating the biopsy of an infection.
- Continuous or occasional pain
- Sharp, stinging pain
- Sensitivity in your tooth or gums
- Gums that are swollen or displaying “pimples.”
- A root that is fractured
Proper diagnosis is key to knowing if you’re a candidate for an apicoectomy. Talk to us at (720) 798-1200. We’ll assess your situation and provide a personalized treatment plan to ensure your smile’s long-term health and well-being.
Signs you may need endodontic surgery
Apicoectomy at AVOS Dental Specialists
Our focus on endodontic surgery is on delivering exceptional results and ensuring your comfort throughout the process. By entrusting your care to us, you can expect:
- Safe and customized sedation: We offer moderate and deep sedation options for your comfort level.
- Cutting-edge techniques: We utilize platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) during the procedure to drastically reduce the risk of dry sockets, minimize postoperative discomfort, and expedite healing.
- Optimal postoperative comfort: To aid your postoperative comfort and minimize the need for opioids, we use Exparel local anesthesia. This helps manage pain effectively, allowing for a smoother recovery.
Request a consultation today to welcome a more comfortable smile!
Our satisfied patients speak for themselves
I had a dental implant here recently and had a great experience! Dr. Haupt was professional, personable, and had excellent communication skills. The rest of the team at AVOS were also very friendly and pleasant to work with.
Patient Comfort and Experience
We use technology (in-house 3d printers, 3d x-rays, CBCT scans) to maximize comfort.
Amenities for your comfort
We offer coconut water, sparkling waters, fresh ground coffee to your liking, wifi, and comfortable seating.
Years of experience
Your companion will enjoy their visit too!
Personable & kind staff
We are passionate about caring for you.
Ready to reclaim your healthy smile?
Let us help you save your natural teeth and restore your oral well-being.