Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- Do not eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please dress for comfort: wear loose fitting clothing, short sleeves and tennis shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office at the onset of your illness.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Haupt prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Top-rated Oral Surgeon, Endodontist & Periodontist in one location!